- "But the crocodile mind had evolved millions of years before the first monkeys had swung in the trees. The crocodile mind had survived, unchanged, while dinosaurs went down to extinction and the first birds flew. It was old. Old and simple and clear, and it rolled across me, sweeping aside my fragile human thoughts. [...] It had the power of total focus. It had the power of utter simplicity. It killed, it ate, and it didn't care about anything else."
A crocodile is a large aquatic reptile native to Earth that was acquired and morphed by Rachel and Collette. Rachel developed an allergic reaction to the crocodile DNA, expelling it from her system, while Collette used it as her battle morph.
- "I acquired the crocodile, absorbing the animal's DNA into my own system, making it a part of me. And, as usually happens during the acquiring, the animal became calm and peaceful. The crocodile's tail stopped lashing. It stopped trying to throw me off. But it turned its head and glared at me with one mean eye. And I knew the peace would not last long. But something else was happening at the same time. For the first time ever, I felt sick to my stomach while acquiring the crocodile. Sick, like I'd swallowed some spoiled milk or something. And at the same time, I felt a swarm of heat prickles all over my skin."
A large, male crocodile at The Gardens was acquired by Rachel in The Reaction, although she became ill as she was allergic to crocodile DNA. Nearly three years later, another crocodile at The Gardens was acquired by Collette.
Used by RachelEdit
- "I don't give a rat's butt if it's a crocodile or an alligator, so long as it can fight."
To be added
Used by ColletteEdit
- "Collette. Her arms shortened. Legs retracted and bent. Snout stretched. Black-green skin appeared along the bridge of her nose, coursed down the length of her body. She was a crocodile. [...] Collette shot forward with the crocodile's unexpected speed. Her thick muscular tail thrashed Hork-Bajir ankles. One fell hard on his rump. Another growled and slashed, leaving a long gash along the crocodile's back. Not deep enough to do any serious damage."
To be added
- The Reaction (acquired and morphed by Rachel; expelled from her system)
- The Underground (mentioned)
- In the Time of Dinosaurs (mentioned)
- The Extreme (mentioned)
- The Proposal (mentioned)
- The Ultimate (acquired and morphed by Collette)
- The Sacrifice (morphed by Collette)