Rachel † (daughter)
Tom † (nephew)
George (brother or brother-in-law)
Ellen (sister or sister-in-law)
Saddler † (nephew)
|Occupation||News Anchor, Television Reporter, Investigative Journalist|
|Behind the scenes|
|First appearance||The Stranger|
|Last appearance||The Beginning|
- "My dad is very cool. He's a TV reporter himself. But not like the ones who'd been driving me crazy. My dad is more like one of those 60 Minutes guys. You know, like very responsible and serious. At least on TV he's serious. In regular life, he's not that way at all."
Dan Berenson is Rachel's father and works as news anchor.
Of any of his daughters, Dan was closest with Rachel. When he had to relocate for his job, he offered offered Rachel the opportunity to stay with him and fly back every weekend to see her mother and sisters. Rachel decided to decline.
- "My father's a reporter for one of the local TV channels. He does a lot of investigative journalism. Plus he anchors the news on Saturday and Sunday. So he's always wearing nice clothes, and always has great hair, and he looks tan even in the total depths of winter."
- On the Animorphs television series, Dan is named Don.
- Dan is first mentioned by name in The Stranger.
- In Back to Before, Rachel says her father is Jewish.