|Behind the scenes|
|First appearance||The Exposed|
|Last appearance||The Return|
- "Mustn't upset the balance. Not directly, anyway. But! Create problems? Yes. Create opportunities? Yes. Play the wild card? Of course."
- ―The Drode
The Drode is the main servant of the Crayak, and serves as his wild card.
- "It looked at first glance like the mating of a small dinosaur and a large prune. It had two legs and balanced its body with a stubby tail. The hands were weak, flimsy things, with too many joints. The head didn't fit with the bird-like body. It was humanoid in shape, with a narrow lower jaw and big, mocking eyes. The skin was wrinkled, like a prune. The flesh was dark, almost jet-black, relieved only by green that rimmed the eyes and mouth."
To be added
Meeting the AnimorphsEdit
- "Oh, Marco the funny one! How's Mommy, Marco? Is she alive or is she dead? Does she scream with the Yeerk in her head? All here together? Cassie, the hypocrite? 'I don't believe in violence... except when I do.' Aximili, the pitiful, pale shadow of his dead brother? If only you'd insisted on going with Elfangor, maybe he'd have lived. Too bad. And Tobias, ah, yes, Tobias. The boy not really so trapped as a bird, eh, but too gutless to resume life as a human? And Rachel. My very favorite Animorph. Rachel, Rachel. Do you feel the adrenaline rush of murderous desire? Do you feel the urge to reach out and destroy me? Of course you do. You and I have that in common. [...] Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Drode. It's a word from my species. It means 'wildcard.'"
- ―The Drode to the Animorphs
To be added
Chasing Visser FourEdit
- "The Yeerk, the former Visser Four, has used the Time Matrix. He has traveled backward in time and is changing historical events. He's rewritten the past in an effort to bring about a Yeerk victory and give himself greater power. You... the other yous... are unaware that life was ever any different. You have all been raised in an environment of delightfully ferocious oppression. It's all quite wonderful!"
"But slavery? Some genocidal war?"
"Why are you here?"
"Sadly, I am here to offer you the chance to undo it all. I want to help."
- ―The Drode, Cassie and Rachel
To be added