Pictured here are (from top to bottom): A Venber, a Leeran, a Hork-Bajir, a Howler, an Andalite, a Helmacron (magnified), a Yeerk, and a Skrit. This is the only official artwork that depicts a Venber, Leeran, or a Skrit (Na). The other five aliens have been depicted by David Mattingly in digital art.
Here is a transcript of the text in the image:
1. VENBER: Their home is a frozen moon 200 degrees below zero, and Venbers will melt to liquid form at any temperature above freezing. They have thick upper arms that split at the elbow into two forearms, and their feet are shaped like skis. Since they carry Dracon assault cannons much larger than regular Dracon beams, it's a good thing they're supposedly extinct.
2. LEERAN: Aquatic amphibian-types from the planet Leera, the Leerans can read minds when they come within a few feet of another creature.
3. HOWLER: Destroyers created by Crayak, Howlers kill without reason and have annihilated entire species, such as the Pemalites. They are walking arsenals, but their howl alone can blow apart most creatures' heads. They share a collective memory that allows them to pass on information through generations.
4. YEERK: Sluglike, blind, and deaf, Yeerks are harmless in their natural state. However, Yeerks are parasites who take over other species' brains, making slaves of their "hosts" by controlling all thoughts, feelings, and actions. [Note: Yeerks do not really control a host's thoughts or feelings, as hosts can still think for themselves and have feelings such as resentment or hatred toward a Yeerk within their own head. The Yeerk only controls their actions, preventing these thoughts and feelings from showing outwardly.]
5. ANDALITE: A highly advanced, if slightly arrogant species, the Andalites began the war against the Yeerks after the Yeerks attacked and killed four Andalite warriors. Ironically, Andalites are also the species that gave Yeerks the means for acquiring hosts. Armed with a supreme sense of military discipline, Andalites created the morphing technology. They communicate through thought-speak, since they have no mouths.
6. HELMACRON: What Helmacrons lack in size they make up for in ego. About the size of a large flea, Helmacrons are technologically advanced and impossible to kill because they are a fungible species. When one "dies", its mind gets absorbed by another. The females of the species are the warriors, while the males act as slaves - for now.
7. SKRIT NA: Actually two different species, the Skrit (which resembles a huge cockroach) eventually undergoes a metamorphosis to a Na (which walks upright on slender legs). The Skrit Na are a greedy species that roam the galaxy "collecting" different items.
8. HORK-BAJIR: Covered in sharp blades and not especially bright, Hork-Bajir were an obvious target for Yeerk infestation. Before being used as killer food processors, Hork-Bajir were peace-loving herbivores who used their blades to harvest bark off trees.
|This file is copyrighted. The individual who uploaded this work and first used it in an article, and subsequent persons who place it into articles, assert that this qualifies as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.|
This is a poster illustrated by Romas Kukalis. This poster was given out as an extra with the Animorphs 2000 Calendar. Source: http://www.hiracdelest.com/database/merch/posters/posters.htm
Appears on these pages
The Animorphs 2000 Calendar was the second and final Animorphs calendar created through...
This is a list of fictional alien species from the science fiction series Animorphs, in...
<Know the Secret> Welcome to the Animorphs wiki, the encyclopedia dedicated to K. A. Applegate's...