- "It's a great horned owl. It flies without making a sound. Tobias watches them hunt sometimes. Tobias says they can hear a mouse burp from a hundred yards away. He says they can see a bug blink on a coal-black night. As far as that owl is concerned, you might as well have a spotlight on you."
- ―Jake to Temrash 114
- "I thought we'd morph owls. They're fast, and they fly well at night."
This morph was first used by Cassie in The Capture. This is one of the few morphs Acquired off screen. Cassie first used this morph to stop Temrash 114 from escaping. In control of Jake, he was morphing into the peregrine falcon when Cassie, in her owl morph, crippled him mid-morph. The morph is also acquired by Rachel. In The Stranger, Rachel uses the owl to get her grizzly bear morph. Jake, Marco and Ax also acquire the great horned owl by The Secret. In The Other, Gafinilan-Estrif-Valad uses this as his bird morph.
- "I quickly ran through a list of possible morphs. I had to be able to fly. And it was night. I focused my mind on the image of a great horned owl."
- The Encounter (mentioned by Tobias)
- The Capture (acquired and morphed by Cassie and Rachel)
- The Stranger (morphed by Rachel)
- The Secret (acquired by Jake, Marco and Ax; morphed by Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Marco and Ax)
- The Android (morphed by Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Marco and Ax)
- The Reaction (morphed by Cassie)
- The Change (morphed by Cassie)
- The Unknown (morphed by Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Marco and Ax)
- In the Time of Dinosaurs (morphed by Rachel and Cassie)
- The Departure (morphed by Jake, Rachel, Marco and Ax)
- The Threat (morphed by Rachel and Cassie)
- The Solution (morphed by Rachel)
- The Experiment
- The Separation
- The Illusion
- The Proposal
- The Mutation
- The Other (acquired and morphed by Gafinilan-Estrif-Valad)
- The Journey
- The Ultimate (morphed by Cassie; cover morph)