Seerowpedia was created on January 12, 2006 by a user with the IP address 188.8.131.52. It is quite likely that it became the user Moonshadow54, who only contributed to the wiki on the very same day.
In any case, Seerowpedia stands as a growing resource for Animorphs fans. It is a wiki, which means it can be editted by anyone. If you are a fan of Animorphs, please consider adding to the site.
If you decide to stick around, use the log in link at the top of this page to set up a username. To edit a page, click the "edit" link at the top of any page. Please be polite, and briefly describe any changes you make in the "Summary" text field on the edit page. Your "Summary" comments will appear on the recent changes page.
A Warning Edit
Above all, never use defamatory language or deface documents our community has worked hard to create. Note that the wiki gives everyone the ability to revert documents back to their original state. Therefore, no one can permanently harm the wiki by deleting pages. All an offender will accomplish is to slightly annoy our wiki community. If defamatory language is seen it will be changed or deleted.
General Editing NotesEdit
This will be expanded into a "style guide" eventually, but for now, some general notes:
- Cite your sources using the <ref> tags. A tutorial on how to use them is here.
- If you can cite a specific page number as well as a book, do so. This makes it easier to find and verify information if necessary.
- Try to write in the past tense when talking about characters and events, and the present tense when talking about objects (technology etc.). For example, "Jake Berenson was the leader of the Animorphs...", versus "An Escafil Device is a device used to transfer the Morphing power..." Basically, when we talk in-universe, we are documenting events after they have occurred, but objects and technology - unless they are unique - are contemporaneous.
- Write from an in-universe perspective. Imagine that we are in the Animorphs universe, many years in the future, and are writing an encyclopaedia on the Andalite-Yeerk War. Don't, for example, say things like "The Animorphs first encountered the Drode in book 27" - although it might be hard otherwise to reference a timeframe, it looks as if you're writing about characters in a book rather than people who actually existed in the universe.
- Obviously, articles that are not meant to be written in-universe, like K.A. Applegate, are fine, as Ms. Applegate exists in our universe and not the Animorphs universe. For these articles, you should apply Template:Realworld at the top of the article.
More to come. CNash 13:28, 29 August 2009 (UTC)