Sub-Visser is a rank in the Yeerk military hierarchy, roughly equvalent to a human colonel. As the name suggests, Sub-Vissers rank below all Vissers, but above any unranked Yeerks. Like the Visser hierarchy, each Sub-Visser is numbered, with lower numbered Sub-Vissers outranking higher ones.
After reaching a position higher than that of Sub-Visser One, the Yeerk officer may then achieve a Visser rank. As with Vissers, it is possible for a Yeerk to skip positions in the hierarchy; for example, a Yeerk with the rank of Sub-Visser Ten may be promoted directly to Sub-Visser Five, or even to a Visser rank, as was the case when Esplin 9466 was promoted from Sub-Visser Seven to Visser Thirty-two.
List of Sub-VissersEdit
- Esplin 9466: held the rank of Sub-Visser Seventeen, then was promoted to Sub-Visser Twelve, then Sub-Visser Seven, and from there into the Visser ranks.
- Edriss 562: held the rank of Sub-Visser Four-hundred-nine before her promotion to Visser One, and was demoted into the Sub-Visser ranks once again at some point after The Decision.
- Taylor: was Sub-Visser Fifty-one.
- Essam 293: rank unknown; was demoted out of the Sub-Visser ranks before the events of VISSER.
These Sub-Vissers are known only by their rank.
- Sub-Visser Thirteen: killed in battle against Hork-Bajir rebels.
- Sub-Visser Fourteen: the Yeerk holding this rank was promoted out of it.
- Sub-Visser Fifteen: executed for incompetence and cowardice.
- Sub-Visser Sixteen: the Yeerk holding this rank was promoted out of it.
- Sub-Visser Seventeen: base commander on the Taxxon home world after Esplin 9466.
- Sub-Visser Nineteen: Aftran 942's immediate superior.
- Sub-Visser Seventy-four: negotiates terms of Yeerk surrender with Jake. 
- Sub-Visser Ninety-two: receives Edriss 562's report about Earth.
- Iniss 226 - not directly stated to be one, but given his responsibilities and oversight, it is likely that he was at least a Sub-Visser, if not a low-ranking Visser.
- Unlike Yeerk name designations, Visser and Sub-Visser ranks are always shown as words rather than numerals - so Esplin 9466's most well-known rank is always "Visser Three", and never "Visser 3". In the case of ranks with more than one digit, only the first digit is capitalised, so Taylor is "Sub-Visser Fifty-one", and never "Sub-Visser Fifty-One".
|Sub-Vissers in the Yeerk Empire|
|Sub-Visser Seven||Sub-Visser Seven|
|Sub-Visser Twelve||Sub-Visser Twelve|
|Sub-Visser Thirteen||Sub-Visser Thirteen|
|Sub-Visser Fourteen||Sub-Visser Fourteen|
|Sub-Visser Fifteen||Sub-Visser Fifteen|
|Sub-Visser Sixteen||Sub-Visser Sixteen|
|Sub-Visser Seventeen||Sub-Visser Seventeen|
|Sub-Visser Nineteen||Sub-Visser Nineteen|
|Sub-Visser Fifty-one||Sub-Visser Fifty-one|
|Sub-Visser Seventy-four||Sub-Visser Seventy-four|
|Sub-Visser Ninety-two||Sub-Visser Ninety-two|
|Sub-Visser Four-hundred-nine||Sub-Visser Four-hundred-nine|