|This article is written from a Real World point of view.|
It all started with the dreams. But Cassie didn't pay much attention to them. She and her friends had all been having weird dreams ever since they'd first learned to morph. Maybe it was just some crazy side effect.
Then Cassie discovered that she and Tobias had been having the exact same dreams. Dreams about the ocean. And a strange feeling that someone is calling to them. Calling for help. Cassie, Tobias, Jake, Rachel, and Marco have to figure out if the dreams are a message -- or a trap. And if it is a trap, it could mean the end -- for everyone...
- Ax (First Appearance)
- Dome ship (First Appearance)
Contributions to the Series' Story ArcEdit
- The Animorphs meet Elfangor's brother, Ax.
- Ax is introduced.
|Morpher||Morphs acquired||Morphs used|
|Jake||Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull||Trout, Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull|
|Rachel||Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull||Trout, Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull|
|Cassie||Squirrel, Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull||Squirrel, Trout, Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull|
|Marco||Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull||Trout, Bottlenose Dolphin, Seagull|
|Ax||Tiger Shark, Human (Cassie, Marco, Rachel, Jake's DNA)||Tiger Shark, Human (made from a mix of Cassie, Marco, Rachel, and Jake's DNA)|
- The cover quote is, "Sometimes you have to change a little more than your mind...."
- The inside front cover quote is, "Cassie's acting a little fishy...."
- In later books, its revealed that the species of shark Ax had acquired in this book was a Tiger shark.
- The six dolphins from The Gardens are named after the main characters on the TV Show Friends.
- It's revealed that morphing also allows its user to combine DNA of different individuals.